- Before you Start:
- New to printing @ DUSP? Check the Printing & Plotting section.
- CRON supports plotting in 10-485 between 9:30am-3:30pm, Monday-Friday. CRON can not assist with plotter/plotting outisde these hours.
- Review the Plotting Policy here. Notes & Troubleshooting info are also provided at the bottom of this page.
- IMPORTANT: Do not plot multi-page documents. You will be charged by the square foot, often resulting in charges of hundreds of dollars. You also risk suspension of all printing rights.
- Prepare your document:
- Method #1 (works most of the times): Export your work as PDF using all basic settings. Resolution of your embedded raster images must be 200dpi maximum.
- Method #2 (works all the times, and if Method #1 fails): Export your work as raster image (TIFF, PNG, JPEG, etc.). IMPORTANT: Resolution of your raster image must be 200dpi maximum.
- Open your saved document:
- PDF: Use Apple Preview (Mac) or Acrobat DC (Windows)
- Image: Use Apple Preview (Mac) or Windows Photo Viewer (Windows)
- Check your document carefully and verify content, layout, embedded images, patterns, fonts, colors, etc.
Print your document:
- Printer: P10-485 (DUSP plotter)
- Paper Size: Click and select Manage Custom Sizes
- Click the + button and add your custom paper size:
- Width: Must be 36 inches ALWAYS
- Height: Enter appropriate height based on desired ratio:
- 3x2 = 36 inches x 24 inches
- 3x3 = 36 inches x 36 inches
- 3x4 = 36 inches x 48 inches
- Margins: User Defined and Top/Bottom/Left/Right all zero
- Give your custom paper preset a meaningful name and click OK to save
- Double-check all the options, including printer, paper size and orientation.
- Make sure Auto-Rotate is ON
- Scale to fit should be set to Print Entire Image
- Check the preview of the document being printed
- Click Print when ready
- Visit cronQ to manage/release your queued job. Click here to learn more about cronQ and how to manage/release your print jobs properly.
Please note that large jobs may take some time to render and appear on the cronQ queue.
IMPORTANT: If plotting via PDF (Method #1) doesn't work (artifacts, missing images, various file errors on the plotter's display), please consider using Method #2 (check top of this page), exporting your document as a raster image (TIFF, PNG, JPEG, etc.) with maximum resolution of 200dpi.
Notes & Troulbleshooting:
- Ignore all warnings on the display (including XY cartridge is expired, which won't affect final quality).
- Avoid touching the plotter and the paper as it exits the device. The plotter is NOT user-serviceable.
- Plotter in 10-485 uses HP Bright White IJ Paper (500ft roll). Using different paper or loading the plotter with custom paper is not allowed.
- Jams/errors? Contact CRON and DO NOT attempt to service the device yourself, as that could cause more issues and longer maintenance times.
- If the plotter if offline for maintenance or repair, consider using the MIT CopyTech polotting services as a backup. You can find all the information and instructions here.
- More troubleshooting information can be found here.