Room Access : MIT ID Card
All students, faculty, and staff in DUSP may use cron computing facilities. The only other students permitted are those taking Course 11 classes (and only for the duration of the class). The MIT ID card collected during Orientation Week is coded to let you into the cron computing clusters. Typically access is not enabled until Registration Day. Please wait patiently.
Computing clusters to which you will be granted access:
- 07-433 : ARCH/DUSP: High Volume Print/Plot and Extra Large Format Scan
- 09-235A : DUSP: Student Common Room
- 09-554 : DUSP: GIS Computing Cluster
- 10-485 : DUSP: Studio
For your safety and that of the equipment, the card reader system limits access to DUSP affiliates. For the reader to do its job, we ask you to observe these rules:
- Don't knock to get in (if your card doesn't work, email email@example.com with your name and ID number as printed on your ID) or visit 9-530
- Never prop the door open after 5PM weekdays or at any time on weekends/holidays. Close the door, and shutoff lights if you're the last to leave the cluster
- Report any suspicious activity to campus police at 3-1212
Login Access : Public Computers
All cluster computers managed by cron are available to all with MIT Kerberos credentials. To login, simply enter your Kerberos credentials at the login screen. Note: Only those actively enrolled in Course 11 classes are to use cron facilities. Visit COMP: Public for more information on public cluster computing.